Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In The Weeds

Have you ever heard people say you should never eat at a restaurant until you try being a waiter/waitress first? If you have, you most likely sympathise more with your server during the "rush hour" or when you see them "in the weeds" as they multitask 20 different things.

Teaching is a profession of constant multitasking. In any one moment you may be listening to 3 students talking to you at once, handing out papers, making your way to the corner where two students are acting up, and still dole out directions for the next task.

I have had people critize how easy my job appears to be. To those people, walk in my shoes for one day.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes my days can be an amazing balancing acts! I'm in awe of all the teachers that master it.

    ReplyDelete